Saturday, June 17, 2006

Castles in the air

"Wouldn't I though? I'd have a stable full of Arabian steeds,
rooms piled high with books, and I'd write out of a magic inkstand,
so that my works should be as famous as Laurie's music. I want to
do something splendid before I go into my castle, something heroic
or wonderful that won't be forgotten after I'm dead. I don't know
what, but I'm on the watch for it, and mean to astonish you all
some day. I think I shall write books, and get rich and famous,
that would suit me, so that is my favorite dream." ..............

These is Jo's description of her castle in the air in “Little Women” ..and it somehow struck a chord in my mind because it was in many ways similar to mine .And that set me thinking about dreams. Never have i met someone who hasn't had a dream in life...some dream big...some dream small..but nevertheless everyone dreams. These dreams are the things which keep us going despite the many obstacles that crop up on our path,they keep us warm and cosy at least in our hearts during cold, dreary days. So this blog will be dedicated to all those day dreamers out there like me. It is also dedicated to the smaller pleasures that make life worthwhile like blowing bubbles,dancing in the rain,making paper boats,tasting cake batter,playing hide and seek,picking mushrooms,sipping hot coffee,gazing at the stars,watching lightning spread across clouds,sand castles,easter eggs and waiting for Santa Claus. It is easy to ridicule people on being too childish or immature..but then again criticism is the easiest thing in the world:P...so all those people who think immaturity is for losers can leave:D and not bother to read this blog:)

2 comments:

bluedragon said...

u daydream...????????????have u ever done that while in class?????????now that will take time to digest....:d...as for me u may call me a true daydreamer..i concentrate only on one at a time..either the class or the dream..most probably the latter:d ..cool blog ede...

Gargee said...

yupppp... u ryt... not a single person exists w/o dreamz :D ...u write real good honey... HAPPY BLOGGIN !!!